Export RO and A/P Transactions to Sage Accounting
Q. Can you export your transactions from MaxxTraxx into a QuickBooks data file format (.IIF file extension) and import them not only into QuickBooks but also into the Sage Accounting program?
- Yes you can. Here’s how:
- In MaxxTraxx, click on the Accounting menu item at the very top.
- Then click on Export to QuickBooks
- The Export Transactions dialog box will open up.
- In this window you will choose your export dates and other parameters to generate your list of transactions.
- Select your transactions individually or click the Select All button to get them all.
- Click the Export Selected Items button at the bottom left hand side when you are ready.
- This should export a dated file that has a .IIF file extension at the end to the following location: c:\Scott Systems\MaxxTraxx Pro\Export
- In your accounting system, you will use the appropriate method to import those transactions. This is the Sage Accounting or Sage 50 method:
- i.Reminder: Always create a backup of your data before beginning any data import!
- Select File, Import/Export, then Import Records.
- Select OK
- Select QuickBooks
- Select Next
- Choose the item/s you want to import, corresponding to what was saved from.
- Browse to the location of your exported .IIF files from QuickBooks. Select that file.
- Choose all that apply in the same window.
- Select Next the start the import process.
- Select OK
- Select Finish to complete the process.
- You did it! Check your transactions and make sure all are correct before continuing to use that data.
Written By: Keith Rakowski