Payroll Tax Changes for 2017
2017 PAYROLL WITHHOLDING TABLES for MotorTraxx
Here are the 2017 payroll tax withholding tables. Make these changes after your last
payroll of December 2016 and before your first payroll of January, 2017. (If you have already
done payroll in January without making the changes, it is not critical. The change in
withholding for some lower paid employees may be close to zero, and for higher paid
employees, it will only amount to a few dollars at most.) You may manually update your
tables by following these instructions:
1. Do a backup prior to making any changes to your system.
2. From the CONTROL PANEL, go to 3. BUSINESS OFFICE.
3. Go to 4. ACCOUNTING OFFICE.
4. Go to 5. PAYROLL.
5. Go to 7. MAINTENANCE.
6. Go to 1. TAX TABLES.
7. Using the arrow keys, move the highlight bar down to F1, FEDERAL SINGLE 2016, and press ENTER. (Make a note of the Limits for Social Security and Medicare for step 13.)
8. To change the title, press ENTER, make the changes and then press F12 to save.
9. To change the withholding amount, arrow down to the line you need to change, press ENTER, make the changes on that line, then arrow down to the next line and repeat.
10. To change the allowance amount, press F2, make the change then press
ENTER to close the window.
11. When you have completed the FEDERAL SINGLE changes, press the “N”
key to go to FEDERAL MARRIED and repeat the above procedure.
12. When the Federal changes are complete, repeat the above procedure for your
13. From the PAYROLL menu, choose 5. PRIOR YEAR LIMITS and enter the
values you noted in step 7.
After completing the changes, review each table to insure no fields were left
blank or incorrect.
If you have any questions, please call Support Services at 1-800-996-9777.
You must have Adobe Reader to open these documents
2017 Payroll Tax Instructions in PDF Format
2017 Federal and State Tax Tables in PDF Format
Federal Tax Tables
State Tax Tables that have changed for 2017
- California - Single
- California - Married with 0 or 1 Allowance
- California - Married with 2+ Allowances
- California - Head of Household
- Illinois - All